Our client, one of the UKs fastest growing and most popular supermarkets is currently expanding their distribution and supply chain operation, and thus needs a new Engineering and Maintenance Manager to lead and develop the new on-site engineering and maintenance teams at its brand-new distribution centre.
This role reports directly to the national supply chain management director. You will lead the engineering and maintenance teams and be fully responsible for ensuring all equipment meets the needs of the business. You will deliver the highest level of availability through preventative maintenance operations and fault resolution for automated materials handling equipment in a distribution environment.
*This role will be based at our client's HQ in Atherstone for 2 years, then will transferred over to the new facility in Bardon, Leicestershire in Q3 of 2023.
*The starting salary for this position is £70,920, rising to £79,040 in pre-determined stages. The company also award pay rises year-on-year in-line with inflation of between 1 and 2%.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages external partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Ensuring all equipment and services meet or exceed the required levels of availability, performance and are delivering against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Including but not limited to all mechanical and electrical Installations, power generation, Solar PV's.
- Delivery of wider KPI set includes system, engineering and personal.
- Management of 3rd party contracts and contractors including Resident Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance and Forklift and Reach trucks, plus Low Level Order Pickers (LLOPs) Maintenance.
- Management of site wide Opex and Capex budgets, including buildings and automation
- Organisation of preventative maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of the site including paintwork, loading docks, doors and floors.
- Identification and leading of investigations, mitigation implementation and recovery processes for any failures or loss of performance.
- Organisation of daily operational coverage for reactive maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Development and training of the team, conducting appraisals and providing support.
- Identification, development, and coordination of Continuous Improvement projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities (e.g. modifications) in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Managing resources to assess and support the feasibility of projects in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Awareness of new technologies and applications, which could enhance the performance of the equipment and operations.
- Daily liaison with onsite Operations to understand operational needs and define appropriate maintenance schedules.
- Reporting and communicating of status, performance, and availability of the system.
- Leading and maintaining communications between the operation, the Automation suppliers and other third parties.
- Fulfilling of all safety regulations for the site engineering, according to local laws and regulations in conjunction with Health & Safety (H&S) Manager.
- Conducting personnel administration and support of hiring and induction processes.
- Reviewing and authorisation of claims, invoicing and payments for Spares, Warranty, Wear and Tear Parts
Experience and Qualifications
- Recognized academic qualification(s), vocational training, or apprenticeship in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Project and programme management experience
- Membership of a recognized logistics or engineering institute or trade body
- Recognized health and safety qualification e.g. NEBOSH
- Good working knowledge of engineering standard and good practice, including mechanical, electrical, controls and systems.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings, 3D models and knowledge of simulation software.
- Experience operating WMS and/ or WCS
- 2:1 degree in any discipline
- 3 years plus experience in an automated food retail environment
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, the please apply now with your most recent and up-to-do-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.