£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car
3 days ago
Are you an Energy & Environment Manager who is able to influence people and make an impact? Are you seeking an opportunity within a nationally recognized retail organisation who are going from strength-to-strength? If this could be you then read on…
Our client is a leading retail organisation with over 400 retail trading sites and over 1100 sites in total. With a total CAPEX Budget of £30mln the Property department is now looking to add a Energy & Environment Manager into their established and specialized Property team.
As Energy & Environment Manager, you will lead the business in all matters relating to energy and environment including measurement and improvement in performance within company operations, creation of new targets and implementation of innovative energy & environmental management solutions. In addition, you will manage our utility contracts and ensure environmental legal compliance.
- Provide comprehensive utility support
- Reduction of the Society's environmental impact through the identification and delivery of carbon, water & waste initiatives to achieve the Society's environmental targets
- Report on all aspects of environmental sustainability and engage internal & external stakeholders
- Management of waste contractors, related efficiency and income generation schemes
- Develop and manage our energy and environmental programs
- Manage utilities procurement, contracts and processes
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business acting as the subject matter expert and a central point for advice, guidance, support, and direction around environmental sustainability.
- Maintain Energy & Environmental legal compliance
- Research and identify relevant and emerging technologies and best practices related to energy and environmental sustainability
- Manage data gathering and reporting
- Be the ambassador within the business, driving a progressive and consistent Energy, Environment and Carbon Footprint agenda
As the successful Energy & Environment Manager you will be able to demonstrate the capacity to deliver the above. You not be the finished article but have the capacity to grow into the role. You will be passionate about sustainability and the environment and be able to demonstrate where you have be able to drive energy improvement initiatives in a similar sector - retail, leisure, hospitality, healthcare. You will be committed, logical in your approach and a skilled influencer of senior stakeholders, able to be effective at a very senior level.
On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of up to £50,000, company car and other standard benefits. This is a remote based role and can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional travel into our clients office.