£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + +plus bonus
about 1 month ago
An opportunity to work for an established engineering company in R&D delivering new product lines and enhancing existing ones. Requiring knowledge of product safety, design for EMC, thermal management, and design for test (DFT). Experience with practical prototyping, assembly, testing techniques and test equipment are essential.
The Electronics System Engineer is responsible for all aspects ranging from the design to the testing and development of the electronics relevant to the remote condition monitoring of rail and geotechnical environments. CCTV & networking technologies will also play a vital part in the design of some solutions.
The role will expose and test you in many fields; PCB design, embedded systems, sensing technology, networking, data collection and analysis, CCTV and many more. Delivering to customers in markets here in the UK, Europe & North America.
- Implement Remote Condition Monitoring (RCM) to be used as a safety critical system, as well as customisable power (direct, solar and battery) and communications systems for remote applications, including various and unique sensor flexibility such as LiDAR (Obstacle Detection), Tilt Sensor (Landslip Monitoring), Capacitive Sensor (Flood Monitoring), and Solar Powered Cameras.
- Conduct CDR (Critical Design Reviews).
- Contribute to system installation manuals.
- Support groups and functions for the company's North America & UK operations, including Product Management, Technical Solutions, and After Sales Service & Support.
- Work within & contribute to the improvement of internal quality management system (ISO 9001:2015).
- Actively grow knowledge of domain relevant standards, e.g. EN 50126, 50128, 50129.
- Act as mentor to junior members of the team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering, Robotics or similar.
- 2-3 years engineering experience.
- Experience with development of comprehensive technical proposals.
- Practical knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- Maths knowledge.
- Design skills and knowledge.
- Desirable: Rail signal and communications experience.
- Desirable: Remote condition monitoring experience.
- Desirable: Experience dealing with large organisations &/or government agencies.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for highly established engineering company then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.