£30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
12 months ago
Purpose of role
As an electrical test engineer, reporting to the engineering manager, your role will be to provide the electrical test expertise encompassing all aspects of contractual, motor design and test requirements. This will be a technical and hands on role
- Ability to run motors tests, pump tests and string tests. Includes electrical power connections to transformers and VSD's.
- To complete Factory Acceptance Tests and customer witness tests of BPL pumps as well as third party pumps when required.
- Design test arrangements to suit customer specification.
- Identify additional equipment requires to facilitate testing.
- Maintain a close working relationship with hydraulic and mechanical design team to achieve project timelines and adherence to customer specifications and compliance.
Additional responsibilities (Desirable)
- Design and commissioning of LV electrical panel systems for pump motor control systems.
- Experience of High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) systems, and a working knowledge of electrical standards and IEC standards.
- Trained in HV safe working practices to Safe Approved Person (SAP) level.
- Knowledge of design and test of electrical motors for LV and HV applications.
- Support of pump commissioning activities at customer sites.
- HND/ HNC qualified with industry certifications & qualifications.
- Knowledge of switch gear, VFD's and electrical motors.
- Technical resolution of electrical issues for test and design.
- Able to demonstrate working with a multi-disciplined design team.
- A 'hands on' approach to support test requirements
- Working knowledge of electrical design and schematics
- Knowledge of pumps and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of electrical rotating equipment
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.