Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £36810.00 per annum + +plus OT
about 1 month ago
Our client, a major supplier to the automotive industry, is recruiting for an additional electrically bias maintenance technician to join their growing and established team based in Castle Bromwich.
Reporting daily to the Production Manager, the Technician's main purpose will be to maintain continuous running on all production plant to obtain maximum production efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Providing breakdown cover, both Electrical and Mechanical
- Have knowledge of PLC problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Hydraulic systems problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Responsible for optimising and sustaining process performance.
- Identifying and leading improvements.
- Training down of 1st line autonomous maintenance.
- Maintaining adequate records of all breakdown and planned work.
- Use root cause analysis methodology to improve plant.
- Work with engineers and carry out project work.
- Ensure full compliance with EN, ISO and Health and safety standards.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Participate in LEAN manufacturing function within Department/Plant
- Qualified to at least City & Guilds level
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematic diagrams.
- Experience of Automated equipment in a continuous process environment.
- Knowledge and experience of KUKA & ABB Robot system and controls.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- Desire to be part of a winning production team.
- The ability to work shifts is essential.
- Knowledge of PLC systems
- Apprentice trained with experience within an industrial environment.
- HNC in an engineering discipline.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.