£32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + plus overtime
28 days ago
Our client, Europe's leading automotive lighting designer and manufacturer for the luxury and supercar markets, is looking to expand their maintenance team with additional maintenance engineers to bolster their current capabilities. Reporting to the manufacturing engineering manager, you will provide hands-on technical assistance of an electrical nature in the maintenance, installation, commissioning, fault-finding, and de-commissioning of automated plant equipment. You may also be called upon to support activities of a mechanical nature.
Shift Patterns & Remuneration:
The base salary for these positions is £33,000 per annum. There are two shift patterns available for this position (you can apply for either):
- Late shift: 15:00pm-23:00pm Monday to Friday (20% shift allowance, £40,000 OTE) plus overtime
- Night Shift: 23:00pm-07:00am Monday to Saturday (33% shift allowance, £45,000 OTE) plus overtime
- Provide rapid technical assistance in the resolution of equipment and plant malfunctions, carry out fault-finding repairs and refurbishments, as necessary.
- Develop and refine local operating procedures to maximise efficiency and minimise waste (scrap, re-work, and unplanned inspection).
- Train operators in the safe operation of equipment and promote up-skilling.
- Develop and maintain process and plant efficiency and utilisation measures to use as a tool for continuous improvement.
- Continuously strive to eliminate and reduce waste of any kind within the manufacturing process, scrap, re-work, and consumables.
- Develop and implement planned maintenance of jigs, fixtures, plant, and other equipment to minimise efficiency losses to production whilst carefully controlling costs.
- Assist in the integration of new plant and equipment into the production environment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship with the relevant C & G Electrical qualification plus 17th edition for relevant engineering degree, HNC or HND.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience of PLC programming and fault finding.
- Ability to manage projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of robotic programming desirable.
- Able to use own initiative to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Experience of working on or with injection moulding machines desirable.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can email to arrange a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.