Our client, a leading global FMCG manufacturer is looking to expand their maintenance team with additional electrically bias maintenance engineers.
Reporting into the Lead Electrical Engineer, this role involves a combination of planned/reactive maintenance and technical challenge. Capable of leading from the front, within a team, ensuring the efficient running of a continuous packing/production line.
This role is on a 4 on 4 off (2x days, 2x nights) shift pattern
- Support and ensure lines are operating at maximum efficiency to ensure all production plans are achieved on time and to quality standards
- Ensure waste levels are minimised to achieve area targets
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the performance of the equipment
- Define, plan and lead the necessary maintenance tasks delivering on time handovers
- Contribute to the control of departmental R&M budget and ensure this is on target
- Lead and co-ordinate breakdown engineering activities for the lines
- Complete root cause analysis, in line with down time procedure to Identify and implement preventative solutions
- Support successful implementation of planned maintenance and new projects
- Ensure maintenance/repair information is logged into the CMMS
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of safety and quality systems
- Ensure right first time completion of all line repairs and maintenance activities
- Undertaking all duties maintaining an engineering overview of the line
- Drive to ensure maximum line efficiency and enable focus on improvement
- Knowing when to sacrifice line efficiency to ensure customer service is met
- Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, food, or pharmaceutical
- Trained to an Electrical minimum craft level, ONC, HND Level preferred
- Fault finding and developing PLC programs (Siemens S5 and S7)
- Good knowledge of fault finding and setting up of AC and DC inverter drives
- Knowledge of electrical systems in explosive gas hazardous areas, preferably COMPEX qualified
- 17th edition would be advantageous but not essential
- Mechanical and pneumatic awareness
- Awareness of quality/Good Manufacturing Practice
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can email for more information!
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.