£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + overtime, bonus and benefits
4 months ago
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Heathrow
Renumeration: £40,000 - £45,000 plus bonus, overtime
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (4 days on, 4 off, 4 nights)
A global distribution and logistics company are looking to expand their maintenance team at their Heathrow hub, which is a central point in their operation with global connections.
Reporting into the maintenance engineering supervisors and site engineering manager, you will play a huge part in the maintenance of the materials handling equipment on site, maintaining equipment such as powered conveyor systems, telescopic conveyors, scanning, proximity, and x-ray related technology, chutes and caster/roller decks
- A competitive salary
- Shift premium
- Performance based bonus of between 5 and 10%
- Life assurance at 4x salary#
- Company sick pay
- Access to dental plan, discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme and fuel discounts
- Maintains the electrical and mechanical elements of the material handling equipment
- Carry out all PPM in line with set schedules for the system and sub-systems to comply with relevant Industry, H&S, legislative and company standards
- Contribute towards the preparation of departmental procedures and methods for the MHE maintenance team including continuous improvement activities and collaborative opportunities
- Assist in preparation of reports as requested by the maintenance engineering supervisor
- Report maintenance activities using the CMMS
- Assess minor job scope of works and contribute to effective planning, preparation, purchasing, installation / repair and certification of modifications and repairs
- Carry out electrical inspections to 17th edition standard
A bit about you:
- A-Level/BTEC educated with good mechanical electrical experience or mechanical / electrical apprentice with appropriate experience.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a maintenance role in an automated or similar regulated environment
- Working knowledge of material handling equipment and an appreciation of project management
- knowledge of Engineering drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Confident use of common power tools, professional and hand tools
- Able to accurately interpret manuals and drawings to deliver working capability (mechanics, electrics, pneumatics, hydraulics)
- Confident and safe manual handling of electromechanical equipment
- Capability in installation of electromechanical devices, knowledge in alignment, application of engineering tolerances, measurements and test procedures.
- 17th Edition
- Working knowledge of ProfiBUS or ProfiNET
- Knowledge of control systems and host business sortation systems
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.