£40000 - £55000 per annum + plus package
7 months ago
Electrical Design Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000
Are you a Electrical Design Engineer who can design electrical schematics for automation machinery? If so, an Oxfordshire based organisation who are at the forefront liquid repellent nanotechnology are looking for you!
As the Electrical Design Engineer, you will be a key player in the design and management of electrical projects.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and the ability to design appropriate control system solutions to meet defined requirements
- Ability to fault find and troubleshoot problems efficiently on both new projects and for existing systems, providing remote support for field service engineers when required.
- Ensure all system schematics and design details are accurately maintained
- Take an active role in risk assessments and FMEA activities, where you will be the technical expert on electrical and control hardware issues
- Works in conjunction with mechanical & automation engineering and Research and Development, in the development of current machines, and the design of new machines with particular focus on all aspects of electrical design
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all electrical aspects of prototype developments, from detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all prototypes are designed and built to the correct/desired electrical standard and are validated for use
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in electrical design role
- Experience with industry machinery within a technical environment
- Wide development experience, with ideally exposure to all aspects of supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- BOM creation and management
- Experience in machine design and development
- Strong design package, ideally Solidworks Electrical design capabilities
- Knowledge of PLC / PAC software development
- Proficient in the use of test / diagnostics equipment
- Experience in other design packages such as Autocad
- Creating / participating in FMEAs
- Design of Experiment programs and Design Verification Plans
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageous Including; BS EN60204 Electrical Machine Safety, BS EN12100 Machine Safety Risk Assessment BS EN ISO13849 Machine Safety, Safety Related Control System Parts
- Alternate component selection and qualification
- Proficient in the preparation of all related documentation, including assembly and test instructions
This is a fantastic role within a well-established and highly renowned client who are rapidly expanding. If interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV, or email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note that you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.