£30000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a global leader in the manufacture of automated conveyor systems, is looking to expand their electrical design department. The role will involve working within the controls department team of hardware and software engineers, taking projects through the hardware design phases, creating schematic drawings for control cabinets and field installations using EPLAN Pro Panel (EPLAN Electric P8 with 3D panel layouts).
Basic EPLAN Skills - The below criteria outlines the basic fundamentals required, anything additional to this is advantageous.
- Project - Creating, copying, renaming, deleting, backing up, restoring, exporting, etc.
- Project Structure - Correct use of EN81346-2
- Pages - Types, numbers, structure.
- Plot frame - To make sure the correct one is in use / change to another if required.
- Macro creation - Correct symbology to IEC 60617, part assigned correctly, variants if needed, types of macro, etc.
- Part creation - Import via data portal, import via EDZ, create from scratch
- Part insertion - Change display properties, copy/assign display properties
- Correct use of navigators - Device, terminal, page, 2D/3D layout, 2D/3D parts, interruption, connections, etc.
- Wire idents - Place designations, enter designations
- EPLAN boxes - Structure box, black box, PLC box, macro box
- Representation types - Multi-line, single line, Graphic, pair cross-reference, etc.
- Reports - Specifying a report template for a project, generating, deleting, updating, etc.
- A sound working knowledge of the machinery directive, in particular EN13849 & EN60204-1
- A sound working knowledge of VFDs, Servo systems, Industrial networks, Barcode scanners
- Designing by Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment for AC & DC systems.
- Be able to review design outputs from both internal and external design resources.
- Specifying and selecting electrical components, for EU and International applications
- Power calculations and budgeting.
- Must be totally conversant with either Allen Bradley or Siemens control systems;
- Extensive knowledge of automation architectures and network layers;
- Extensive knowledge of ProfiNET or EtherNET/IP networks for distributed systems;
- In-depth knowledge of inverters and control wiring, preferably SEW;
- Experience of designing a control system to a set budget;
- Experience of AS-i systems;
- Experience of safety system configuration from PL'b' to PL 'e',
- Comfortable working at LV and calculating volt drop and PSC on circuits;
- Some understanding of how a PLC system should be structured;
- Demonstrate ability to work on projects without assistance with the value of £100k to £8M;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply for more information. Alternatively, please email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold to right to work in the UK.