Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
A great opportunity for an exceptional Editorial Manager to join a great Birmingham agency in the heart of the city paying £35-45k.
You'll deliver compelling digital content initiatives across various formats for clients and loads of other top-ranking brands to support their ongoing content marketing strategies.
The Editorial Manager is at the heart of agency life. You'll be client-facing with the responsibility of developing and delivering the creation, commissioning and production of content for all clients. The position will work closely with all departments across the agency to help our clients navigate their toughest issues, providing guidance and advice for all things content.
As Editorial Manager, you'll produce an exceptionally high standard of content that meets both the brand guidelines and business needs of our clients. You will be responsible for driving brand awareness through the editorial strategy to engage our clients' customers through cutting edge journalism. Really, if it's to do with content, you're up...
What you'll do…
- Researching, developing and delivering content plans for all designated clients.
- Creating enticing copy that resonates with different audiences including web, email, blogs, Infographics, press releases.
- Building and managing a rich content/editorial calendar working with client marketing teams and other key stakeholders.
- Working in collaboration with other key functions to ensure content collateral maximises the potential from each channel to engage key personas and meet specific client goals.
- Working with our SEO team to ensure all of the content is optimised for search channels.
- Ongoing research into latest developments and trends related to persona pains for each client and feeding this insight into content activity.
- Budget management.
- Dealing with ad hoc client queries relating to content, as well as active involvement in client meetings.
- Providing editorial direction and strategy and helping set priorities for freelance copywriters.
- Securing the highest quality writers possible within agreed budgets.
- Working closely with video teams to produce scripts and edits that develop into compelling video Packages.
- You'll demonstrate a proven ability to motivate and influence those around you with a clear editorial vision and a high bar for excellence.
- Outstanding writing and editorial skills with the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of the business for various content formats and channels. Ability to write and create content with little oversight and direction. You'll live and breathe with the client and their audience in mind and understand the role that creative editorial content can play in a B2B experience.
- You'll have excellent communication skills - with a proven ability to write and edit both short and long form editorial.
- Able to articulate and present ideas with conviction.
- Be approachable, outgoing and diplomatic.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Passionate about getting others involved and having fun along the way.
- Meticulous attention to detail - you're a triple checker. Grammar and syntax is your thing.
- You'll be comfortable around data - you know how to use analytics for content planning and lead generation. Initiative - you will have a "go-do'' approach and be a good problem solver.
- Educated to degree level in journalism, English, or related discipline with at least 3+ years in a similar role at an agency or fast-paced newsroom.
What you'll get…
- Career development courses
- Gym membership
- Private healthcare and dental cover
- Competitive Salary
- Great working environment
- Great central location and close to train stations for all areas of the Midlands