Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £32000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be working with an international aid charity to recruit for an Editorial Communications Officer on a full time, permanent and hybrid basis.
This role will be perfect for someone with a passion for helping people. The perfect candidate will have really strong communication and/or journalism skills as well as some knowledge of web editing and SEO.
If you work within this sector already or are looking to move into the charity sector and join a growing team, see more details below on how to apply.
Job title: Editorial Communications Officer
Location: Birmingham / Hybrid
Contract: Perm, full time
Salary: Up to £32,000
Start date: August/September
As an Editorial Communications Officer you will be producing communications content across multiple channels for the charities digital platforms, internal and external publications and campaigns across multiple platforms. You will provide editorial and communication support across internal teams as well as for external content. This role will be extremely rewarding and will allow for international travel opportunities to visit projects the charity focuses on.
- Work in line with the charities ethos and values
- Produce content through accurate research to be published on a variety of platforms and channels
- Provide editorial services and support to internal teams for internal and external content
- Be proactive and creative in content production across the charity
- Work on the development of case studies with external and in field officers and support with video content creation
- Coordinate all content relating to communications including videos, stories, online campaigns and photos
- Support the organisation with training and coaching
- Have an understanding and utilise SEO, analytics and report on use to improve engagement
- Enhance knowledge on all key advocacy areas
- Provide communication support on especially through changing needs and PR emergencies
- Travel when required for communication material
- Proven experience within a communication role and producing engaging and accurate content across multiple platforms
- Experience using content management systems
- Proven experience creating exciting and compelling content
- Experience working with a large organisation
- Experience working to brand guidelines and working in line with an organisations ethos
- Project management experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines
Please apply for more information