Job title: Ecommerce Merchandising Manager
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 (On experience and suitability).
Contract: Permanent - Hybrid
Start date: Immediate start
My client, a well-established B2C Ecom business, is undergoing an exciting period of digital growth, they are looking to recruit an Ecommerce Merchandising Manager to join their team on a full-time basis with hybrid working.
The Role will entail:
- Overseeing product launches in an effective manner - getting products prepared on time.
- Understand CVR% and optimise toward its improvement.
- Reviewing slow selling, availability or promotional requirements with operations teams and ensuring they are appropriately positioned on the company's digital properties.
- Management of the merchandising calendar for clarity and transparency.
- Co-ordinating and ensuring that new product is highly visible online as quickly and efficiently as possible. Using product trackers and aligning with content team.
- Collaborating with operations to sign off any new product pages.
- Be a key driver of the consumer personalisation, ensuring relevant products and offers are selected for the cohorts. Continuous monitoring and improvement of this feature.
- Improving the journey for the customers by reviewing search words and drop offs and use this information to aid decision making.
- Navigation menu reviewed regularly to ensure it keeps in line with deals, product and availability.
- Site walks often to identify potential issues, broken links, incorrect product descriptions, placement, imagery, and general housekeeping.
- Assist content editors in rectification of the above where necessary.
- Key page checks after any content changes over all regions to ensure everything is correct.
- Analyse merchandising performance to highlight good and poor performance. Seek to reduce volume into call centres for queries and bookings through a market leading digital offering.
The ideal candidate for this Ecommerce Merchandising Manager role will possess the following skill/expertise:
- Extensive experience managing a team.
- Be able to operate effectively in an environment that offers a large amount of flexibility and autonomy.
- Experience in an e-com site merchandising role ideally within a retail environment.
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject area.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Experience managing/operating component-based CMS systems.
- Strong MS Skills - Advanced Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Team player with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and meet simultaneous tight deadlines
- Results driven.
- Strong problem-solver and project-manager who can translate analytic or commercial data into strategic ideas.
- Passionate about the customer and all elements of the customer experience.
- Energetic and enthusiastic - has a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to quickly build effective relationships.
Highly competitive package.