Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a very established organisation in the Walsall area to recruit a Group Financial Controller. The purpose of the role is to lead the finance team and be responsible for the weekly, period-end accounting, financial reporting and internal controls.
The business are a privately owned FMCG business who have been experiencing organic growth over the last few years and are seen as a major player in their industry with no plans of slowing down their growth plans.
The Financial Controller for Walsall's responsibilities include:
- Management of the team members, to include monthly 1:1s, formal quarterly reviews against objectives and annual reviews in which the objectives are set
- Control the day-to-day financial operations within the Business
- Responsibility for continuous improvement in the finance team, covering areas such as efficiency and quality of output to ensure that finance is seen as an outstanding support service
- To adapt the activities of the finance team to best support the business operations, including adoption of technology to support that delivery
- Management of team activities to ensure efficient working and the meeting of all reporting timetables in place at that time
- Oversight of all regulatory returns, such as VAT, Corporation Tax and statutory accounts
- Timely communication of finance outputs
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- To manage the day-to-day contact with external auditors and other advisor's, ensuring that all statutory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the relevant structures, processes, and systems evolve pragmatically as the company expands
- With an ambitious target to keep growing the company, we would also expect this role to grow to manage the increasing scale and complexity.
- Creation of a new suite of management accounts
The right person for the Financial Controller role will be:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Line management experience
- Strong management and stat accounts knowledge with a hands-on mindset
- Continuously looking for process improvements can be made
Financial Controller in Walsall Package:
- £80,000 - £90,000
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical