Birmingham, West Midlands
8 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively in partnership within a high growth division within a large group. This is a hugely profitable and established manufacturing business local to the Birmingham area, who are on the lookout for a Divisional Finance Director to lead the Finance division.
The role requires a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) finance professional, who has substantial commercial experience within a manufacturing environment, who is looking to take their career to the next level. This business is part of a wider group, so experience of working for a business who report into a group function is also very advantageous.
You will be responsible for the financial management of company operations, as well as providing leadership and coordination in the business planning, accounting and controls within the company. You will be expected to maintain robust internal controls to safeguard the company's assets, prepare management accounting information and KPI's to assist the running of the business and offer support and guidance to other department heads.
Key responsibilities of the Divisional Finance Director position:
- To manage, develop, motivate and most importantly lead the finance team to provide a world-class 'no-surprises' finance function.
- In collaboration with the MD, prepare budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Design and implement new finance business processes and contribute to non-financial business processes with senior managers.
- Take the finance lead on the implementation of a new ERP system.
- To produce monthly management accounts and commentaries to group deadlines.
- Ensure trade debtors are effectively managed and internal credit control policies are adhered to.
- To ensure that all statutory returns are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage relationships with all financial stakeholders (banks, auditors, group finance etc.).
- Support commercial business decision making processes.
Key requirements for the position:
- You must be either CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- You must have substantial senior commercial finance experience within the manufacturing sector
- You must have experience or the ability to work and communicate within a complex matrix organisation
- Proven experience of managing, motivating and leading a team
- Experience of reporting into a group function
- Experience of implementing a new ERP system would be advantageous