East Midlands, England
£100000 - £125000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus & Benefits
4 months ago
A Divisional Controller role, based in the Midlands with P&L responsibility for a significant business, within a global manufacturing group. This is a lead finance role, and you will be part of the leadership team of this highly successful global division. There is a genuine opportunity to make a real difference and to progress your career. You will be partnering with operational and commercial teams to execute the strategic plan, as they continue to invest in the business's organic growth, including adding additional capacity globally, and through M&A.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is part of a highly successful global, manufacturing group. A market leading group they are able to offer the best in innovation and technology for the industries they serve and are redefining their sector and continuing to grow.
With a portfolio of market leading brands, combined with their innovation capabilities and long-term customer relationships they are well-positioned for future growth. There is significant value creation potential through divisional organic initiatives underway, including new product launches and they are well placed to continue M&A activity. Embedding sustainability in their strategy also remains a key area of focus and of high importance to the group.
This is a high-profile opportunity to join a key, strategic division, where there is significant market opportunity, and as the business continues its exciting journey of growth, the prospects for progression are good.
This is a high-profile Divisional Controller opportunity in the Midlands. This key role is a vital part of the divisional leadership team. It reports to the FD, and with a dotted line, as a trusted strategic business partner to the Vice President, to drive the continued growth of the business. Working closely with the rest of the leadership team, the Divisional Controller will lead the accounting and finance function and be responsible for the financial oversight of all manufacturing operations across this global division. It is a crucial business partnering role with the emphasis on compliance and delivering planned results.
As the Divisional Controller you will lead activities associated with the financial operations of the businesses including cost accounting, internal controls, financial and management reporting, budgeting forecasting and strategic planning. Accountable for the day-to-day financial operations and long-term strategy, key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and execution of the financial plan for the businesses
- Support achievement of financial targets for the plants
- Develop and review metrics to determine operational effectiveness of the manufacturing operations
- Ensure an accurate system of standard and actual costs is maintained and variance information analysed to understand operational performance
- Lead and develop a multi-location, global finance team
- Provide support through business analysis, strategic oversight, and management of key operational and commercial projects
- Ensure adherence to all corporate policies and provide confidence in the controls and operating environment across the business
- Provide an active role in the leadership of best practice and support the wider finance team journey of operational excellence
- For this Divisional Controller opportunity in the Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) and must have worked in a global industrial manufacturing business and across multiple geographies
- Must have proven experience in a Finance Lead role, delivering results in a multi-site, manufacturing business. A continuous improvement mindset with a focus on adding value to a business. Business partnering is essential
- To be successful, candidates will need to be capable of supporting operational improvement with a view to driving margin growth
- Multi-site, international finance leadership experience will be important, and the versatility to switch between strategic overview and leadership to hands on delivery
- The role requires a strong relationship builder with personal credibility, and high impact communication and presentation skills, who can influence at all levels
- A decent knowledge of corporate taxation is also preferable
- Lean/Six Sigma problem solving experience would also be advantageous
- Flexibility to travel overseas will be important
WHAT'S ON OFFER
Up to £125,000 Basic Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.