£90000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
My client is a global veterinary health care provider, are looking to appoint Director of Public Affairs to be responsible for ensuring the organisations objective and corporate reputation are upheld through the anticipation and assessment of change in public policies, legislations and regulations of the industry.
You will establish key relationships with industry and government bodies to address and help solve key issues across the industry and make the organisations position industry issues known. The successful candidate will ensure that relationships with key stakeholders will enable the organisation to be viewed as the global leader in their sector.
This role will suit someone with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. A remote based role, you may be occasionally reacquired in one of the UK offices.
- Lead on all industry relations and corporate affairs across the globe for each business unit within the overall organisation.
- Monitor any new legalisation or regulation changes that may effect how the business may operate, and mitigate any risks accordingly.
- Seek out new industry changes that may effect the businesses reputation before they become a risk.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team and communication teams for each business unit in the organisation.
- Establish and grow relationships with industry and government entities - driving a positive reputation for the organisation.
- Experience in a similar Public Affairs role, specifically within the veterinary, health care or medical sector.
- Experience developing and implementing effective public affairs and communications/public relations strategies.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry, understanding how changes can impact how and business operates and mitigating said risks.
- Strategic thinking - including impact of policies and advocacy strategies
- Ability to present complex information in a way that is straightforward to understand, whether in writing or verbally
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, working closely with the senior leadership team.