£45000.00 - £48500.00 per annum
3 months ago
The Digital Communications Manager will work manage all aspects of my client's social media activity and its wider digital estate including its website and content strategy. You will play a key role in managing the organisation's social media presence. You'll help plan the content calendar, deploying and promoting engaging, visual content. A key responsibility of this role is also to continuously improve our new corporate website, working alongside the digital agency to develop exciting new features and content. This is a critical role, central to building my client's brand and reputation.
- Support the further development, implementation and evaluation of an effective digital communications strategy
- Develop the social media channels -- in particular LinkedIn and Twitter to foster wider understanding of the organisation's work and progress, to promote thought leadership, and to enable effective digital communications in reactive and proactive scenarios.
- Support the Head of Digital & Social Media in developing and maintaining our website to build the brand extensive and more proactive use of data from the roll-out to demonstrate its progress.
- Own the day-to-day processing of website updates via the Umbraco CMS, working in partnership with the digital agency.
- Own and drive the planning and commissioning of content to help drive traffic and engagement to the website, including videos, animations, photography and infographics. Produce some of this content in-house for social media channels.
- Ensure the integrated content calendar is populated with a forward view of proposed activity for digital channels but also for internal communications and external media channels
- Ensure the content produces a consistent brand message across all the social media channels and the website.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external content agency to ensure they are delivering on time, within budget and to the standard we expect.
- Work with the Head of Digital & Social Media to continuously improve the website. Engage with colleagues to understand how the website can enable their goals and monitor performance of website, using analytics to guide improvements.
- Monitor social media channels, providing community management where required and offering tactical counsel on live issues, responding where appropriate in line with the company's position. Monitor industry, tech and associated social media feeds, and create analysis reports.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- A track record of success within a web and social media function, either in-house for a corporate, or agency side.
- Experience in working with website content management systems, preferably including Umbraco.
- Experience of responsibility for writing content for social media, posting and monitoring, with evidence of having developed and grown an organisation's social media community/following.
- Familiar with major social media platforms and understanding of their relative benefits and applications for business.
- Experienced and proficient at producing social media performance reports including reach, sentiment, engagement and community size.
- Proven track record in proactively delivering a content strategy that ensures consistent and high-performing content is regularly created for the appropriate digital channels.
- Well organised, accustomed to balancing deadlines and priorities.
- Sound judgement in managing issues, especially on social media channels.
- Capable of assimilating complex policy or technical detail and then explaining this clearly to lay audiences.
- High levels of personal initiative and a positive outlook.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, calm, and used to working at pace.