Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + private health
4 months ago
Our client is a dynamic Birmingham-based property developer. Having recently become part of one of the largest real estate and investor groups in Europe, they are now on a mission! They believe that everyone has a right to a happy home, somewhere to feel safe, comfortable, and content. It's the guiding principle behind what they do and reinforces their belief that the best homes are the ones designed with the people who live there in mind. They are entering a period of rapid growth to deliver on their pipeline of unique projects and are now looking for people who share that mission and their values to join them as they enter this exciting new phase of company expansion.
You can now join this emerging business as Development Surveyor, part of their friendly and professional team. This is a pivotal role within their Projects Team and requires the candidate to operate throughout the property journey, from site acquisition and initial design through to construction and completion. Their Development Surveyors are the ones that ensure their projects happen on-time, on-budget and most importantly in-line with their standards. You will understand what it takes to provide accurate development appraisals, create masterplans, build design teams, secure planning, oversee construction activity and reach financial agreements for let or sale.
Development Surveyor Key work activities
- Management of development projects from bid through the planning process, construction, and stabilisation.
- Appraising new site introductions.
- Co-ordination and management of the professional team alongside Employers Agent.
- Management of key stakeholders, planners, neighbours, local community and third-party agencies.
- Provide regular updates to the investors and senior management team.
- Managing and updating project appraisals.
- Working to specific timescales and financial targets.
- Manage the project budget and cash flow alongside the finance team.
- Oversee and manage the construction process from procurement through to completion
- Liaise with the wider team as the projects requires, such as Investment, Finance, Asset Management, Design, Strategy and Marketing.
What credentials will the Development Surveyor have?
- 3+ years of relevant project management / development-related experience.
- RICS / property-related qualification welcome, but not required.
- Experience of residential, BTR and commercial development desirable.
- They are looking for someone that is very proactive, task focused, organized, and has excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, provides creative insights and/or solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and build relationships.
- Passionate property professional.
- Flexible to changing priorities.
- Eager to make a difference and full belief in Company mission.
- Must be able to work under pressure to tight timescales, juggle multiple projects and have exceptional organisational skills.
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills.
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail.
On offer to the successful Development Surveyor is the opportunity to join this exciting business at the beginning of their journey, they will be a leading development organisation. There is a competitive salary of circa £45,000. You will be part of a working environment where you will want to show up every day, virtually or in-person, 25 days holiday a year, a company healthcare plan, and the opportunity to create sustainable communities that matter.