Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pension, private health, bonus
7 months ago
Are you a Surveyor, Cost Manager, Project Manager or Architect looking for a rare and exciting opportunity to take your career to new heights? Do you want to use your knowledge of the development process to become a Development Surveyor? If this sounds like it could be you then please read on...
Our client is a dynamic Birmingham-based property developer who have recently become part of one of the largest property development and investment groups in Europe. They are now entering an exciting period of rapid growth and will deliver on their pipeline of exciting development projects in Birmingham. They are now looking to identify high-calibre candidates with cradle-to-grave experience to take up the Development Surveyor role within their business and are open minded on the background of those being considered.
My client is currently recruiting for an experienced Development Surveyor to join their friendly and professional team. This is a pivotal role within their Projects Team and requires the candidate to operate throughout the property journey, from initial design through to construction and completion. Their Development Surveyors will ensure their projects happen on-time, on-budget and most importantly in-line with the Group standards. You will understand what it takes to provide accurate development appraisals, create masterplans, build design teams, secure planning, oversee construction activity and reach financial agreements for let or sale. The Development Surveyor will report directly into the Chief Development Officer.
- Management of development projects from bid through the planning process, construction, and stabilisation
- Co-ordination and management of the professional team alongside external Employers Agent
- Management of key stakeholders, planners, neighbours, local community and third-party agencies
- Provide regular updates to the investors and senior management team
- Managing and updating project appraisals
- Work to specific timescales and financial targets
- Manage the project budget and cash flow alongside the finance team
- Oversee and manage the construction process from procurement through to completion
- Liaise with the wider team as the project requires - Investment, Finance, Asset Management, Design, Strategy and Marketing
- You will a proven track record of relevant project management / development-related experience
- RICS OR Property-related qualification welcome, but not required
- This role may suit a Development Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Architect or Project Manager looking for a new opportunity with a Developer who do things differently
- You will be proactive, task focused, organized, and have excellent problem-solving skills You will be able to provide creative insights and/or solutions
- You will demonstrate the ability to develop and build relationships - Analytical thinker with attention to detail
This is an incredible opportunity for those seeking to move from a specialist niche discipline into a development role whilst working for a forward-thinking, innovative and progressive business. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits and the opportunity to progress as our client grows into the future.