about 1 month ago
Developer - IT Security - Telford - £600-650 per day, 6 months
Linux and Windows, Bash, Powershell, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, API integration, and DevSecOps.
My client, a financial services organisation based in Telford, is looking for a IT Security Developer to support the automation of its security controls. You will be responsible for the automation of controls, through scripting, to reduce the operational burden of both infrastructure and operational security teams.
- Work with the IT Security team in delivering strategic IT security solutions that will protect the estate against internal and external vulnerabilities.
- Monitor security policy compliance by conducting continual technical audits. Assess internal and external scan reports - identify false positives, research vulnerabilities, communicate results to management and system administrators. Must be capable of challenging external experts when reports are erroneous.
- Support the vulnerability management program, including vulnerability management automation.
- Monitor and review of intrusion detection system reporting, network device logs, SIEM and other security logs daily so that all security events are in line with agreed standards, procedures and controls.
- Assess technology infrastructure and collaborate with infrastructure groups to design a scalable, secure infrastructure and security tools
- Participate in complex designs of technology solutions to ensure information security architectural principles, standards, controls and requirements are incorporated in design
- Develop, refine, or modify technical security standards as necessary to implement technical security controls
- Review developed code for vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to development teams.
You will be a Developer with experience of automation IT security controls, or an dedicated IT Security Developer with:
- Excellent communication/ influencing and negotiation skills
- Familiarity or experience with IT security best practice, ISO27001, CIS (SANS) top 20 and other appropriate frameworks.
- Problem solving techniques
- Ability to lead an automation function supporting multiple inter-departmental disciplines.
- Windows, Unix, Linux, SQL & Oracle and Network architectures
- Development and SDLC experience.
- Proficient with PowerShell, Bash and other scripting languages.
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this position, please apply here.