Desktop Support Engineer - Walsall - £20,000 - £24,000
I am currently working with a great client based in Walsall who are looking to add to their End User Support team. This role is a great opportunity for a Junior Engineer to grow their career within IT and gain excellent exposure and training.
Technologies used: VoIP, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, servers, Active Directory, O365, Windows, Intune
- Provide on-site and remote technical 2nd level support services in the areas of computing, network and storage across while delivering efficient and friendly end user service.
- Install, configure and maintain onsite networking equipment (Switches, routers, etc.), VoIP equipment, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, servers and other edge devices.
- Perform hardware, software and network failure diagnosis for troubleshooting and resolution.
- Participate in and help manage IT infrastructure change management process.
- Manage IT security and helps implement best practices based on ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials controls.
- Help to maintain and update processes and procedures for areas around ISO 27001 & Cyber Essentials controls and certifications; attends awareness training.
- Communicate effectively in writing, orally, and with others to understand and convey information, in a manner consistent with job functions.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative and carry out job functions with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines and manage several different tasks concurrently.
- Maintain the privacy of confidential records, correspondence, and files.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors and business partners.
If you have the required experience and would like to find out more about this position, please apply here.