4 months ago
Design Engineer - Permanent - Aerospace - South Birmingham
Are you a Design Engineer experienced utilise 3D Modelling to achieve efficient design and drawing generation to support customer and production requirements.? If so, a Midlands based organisation who design, manufacture, and assemble precision forged and machined components are looking for you!
As the Design Engineer, you will be responsible driving consistent standards within the Design team and supporting the businesses operational needs in improving existing and introducing new products.
The Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Utilise 3D Modelling (NX software experience desirable) to achieve efficient design and drawing generation to support customer and production requirements.
- Interpret customer forging or machined part drawings or models to generate efficient forging designs from billet, through pre-form shapes to finished forgings and machined components.
- Utilise customer specifications, national guidelines and quality standards for generating compliant designs, working cross functionally with all stakeholders to succeed.
- Work with the customer to realise best configuration of component considering all requirements, this is to be inclusive of managing internal stakeholders during this process.
- Utilising simulation software Q-Form to optimise design and process.
- Work with the CAM engineers to ensure consistent standards and improve status-quo with regard to tooling design.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers including certification bodies or agencies as required.
- Ensure all work is adequately backed up and correct information recorded to process, inclusive of data management and control activities ref BP22.
- Work on continually improving processes and products whether internally or externally to the department.
Skills required or the Design Engineer:
- Have experience of 3D Modelling CAD/CAM software, or equivalent other software packages (NX / Unigraphics would be highly desirable).
- Understanding of elastic/plastic deformation of materials desirable
- Minimum HNC certificate. Can be working towards or equivalent considered.
- Experience operating in the Aerospace sector would be highly advantageous.
If you would like to know more about the Design Engineer role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email