Birmingham, West Midlands
4 months ago
The Client :
A leading Design Agency in Birmingham are looking for a dedicated and experienced Design Director to join their growing team within their central Birmingham.
The Role :
- You'll be providing leadership for the creative team, for the clients we work with and for the projects within the studio
Based out of the Birmingham studio, but part of a Global Agency so you will have the opportunity travel internationally on a regular basis.
- The focus of this role is on the broader creative and strategic overview and the development of the studio; Ensuring that all clients remain on brand, on strategy and that the overall output of the work is of a consistently high standard
The role requires taking a leadership of culture, team, client relationships and creative/commercial opportunities in order to help facilitate business growth and to develop culturally, creativity and commercially. -
- Directing team brainstorm and ideation sessions
- Growing and mentoring a creative team
- Strong strategic and creative thinker
Keep on track with emerging trends and culture; keeping in touch with the wider creative community
The Candidate :
- A personality that brings energy, creative culture, ideas and passion for design to the studio - Level headed/Team player/Supportive/Empathetic/
- Must have Client facing experience (projects & pitching)
- Have 8-10 years' experience (ideally within agency), working with Integrated, channel neutral mindset to concepts and overall creative output (Environmental, digital, comms, campaign)
- Experience creatively overseeing multiple brands ensuring they are on-brand and on-strategy
- Must have experience managing a team.
- Experience working with Fashion/FMCG/Retail would be ideal but not essential