Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with this market leading SME in London, in search of a Deputy Head of Governance. In this growing team, there is a requirement for a proactive, organised and personable specialist to work closely with the Head of the department as a number 2, and be responsible for the junior members. You will also support the coordination of work with other departments in the wider company. This role can be based in Warwick or London City.
The role is challenging and varied and needs a confident, self-motivated person with great organisational skills and attention to detail. The Governance team instils Corporate Governance best practices and helps comply with customers obligations under Company Law, thereby enabling the business to concentrate on core business activities.
Your duties includes:
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers.
- Supervise and support junior colleagues.
- Assist with the UK aspects of corporate reorganisations, mergers & acquisitions, rationalisations, strike-offs, and collaborating with different function lines.
- Attending Board Meetings, taking minutes and advising on Corporate Governance issues.
- Dealing with all Company Secretarial matters relating to your portfolio, including companies' share capital and shareholding structures.
- Advising Directors on their duties and responsibilities and ensuring they are compliant with the statutes, constitutional documents and their company's internal governance policies.
- Assisting the Governance team with significant corporate projects.
- Responsibility for dealing with external advisors / service providers, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and registrars.
- Helping to develop and implement new policies and procedures to continue to improve the functions of the department.
- Keeping abreast of company secretarial best practice in company law and governance; proposing, implementing and communicating change, as necessary, within the company.
- ICSA qualified, at a minimum ACIS / ACG level.
- Good technical knowledge of company secretarial and governance practices.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-driven attitude.
- High work standards, including excellent attention to detail and strong prioritisation skills.
- Ability to deal confidently with demanding situations, people and requirements.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload.
- A team player, but also able to work under own initiative.
What's On Offer?
- Salary £50,000 - £60,000
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 Statutory)
- Hybrid working
- Office base in Warwick or London
- Flexible hours
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, then please apply direct, or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.