Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + PLUS benefits
7 months ago
SQL Database Administrator - Solihull - £45K (1/2 days in office)
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Global Financial Services company who are looking for a SQL DBA to join them in their growth. They are looking for someone with experience in SQL Server 2008 - 2019 and experience with SSIS / SSRS.
- Support the continuing operation of SQL Server maintenance jobs
- Identify and resolve backup issues and other threats to the Business Continuity/DR plan
- Maintain security including Logins, Roles, permissions, data security in line with PCI DSS and the Data Protection Act and any other current legislation
- Ensure and improve system health and performance through monitoring, analyses, tuning and optimisation
- Monitor systems to ensure data integrity and reliability - experience with monitoring systems is a must
- Support and develop automated data import, export and archiving processes using SSIS and TSQL;including gathering requirements from Business Analysts and data workers
- Support virtual and physical, clustered and standalone servers, with single or multiple instances
- Administer Reporting Services
- Use and promote an ITIL based approach to IT incident management and service delivery
- Take a proactive role in projects, providing SQL Server expertise in to the design,architecture and implementation of solutions meeting company/industry standards and best practices.
- Work closely with internal developers and external service providers to deliver project goals including: new systems, upgrade existing systems and resolution technical issues
- Support the planning and implementation of the agreed strategic direction of SQL Server
- Work with the IT technical teams to ensure all proposed changes and enhancements are in line with agreed standards and that technical architecture reflects company needs and best in class for SQL Server.
Please apply asap if interested - SQL Database Administrator