Business Data Lead - Finance Transformation Project
£60K - 2 years FTC, 41 days holiday, 21% pension. (Hybrid, 2 days in office, Cambridge based)
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a higher education establishment to support them on a huge transformation project. They are looking for a Business Data Lead to help support the Finance Transformation Project (and the winder business). Understanding of finance transformation, accounting software, financial data, supporting finance systems would be a bonus.
The primary role of the FTP Business Data Lead is to develop, implement and lead the operation of a strategic data framework for Finance business systems which is fit-for purpose and future-proof, ensuring critical data interdependencies with all Finance system modules and other core business area systems are properly maintained.
The post-holder will:
Own the data strategy, data architecture and data management framework for the Finance function, working in partnership with the wider organisations data community to achieve commonality of approach and ease of data integration across functions.
Partner FTP project teams to help in defining step-change improvements in key areas, including but not limited to:
- Optimisation of the Chart of Accounts (via FSR). ·
- Development of the Business Information (BI) framework (via EFT). ·
- Optimisation of the 'Source to Pay' (S2P) lifecycle as it traverses multiple systems (via SPP). ·
- Operational Finance reporting, both routine and ad-hoc.
Work with colleagues in the Finance Division,
UIS and other functions to define requirements for and develop a BI data warehouse / lake or equivalent that meets the needs of the Finance Division and the business both now and going forward.
Act as FTP programme lead on all aspects of data quality assurance, security, compliance archiving and migration before, during and after implementation of FTP projects.
Work in partnership with other core business areas including the Research Office (RO), HR, Estates and Procurement to define strategy and deliver step changed improvements in:
- data consistency (one version of the truth) and ongoing data management, as we embark on a journey of replacing our core business systems via FTP/FSR.
- systems integration and seamless data flow between designated systems, where appropriate.
Partnering with the Academic & Financial Planning & Analysis (AFPA) team in their company - wide role to lead Data Governance. Also to partner with UIS who have been charged with establishing the technical data support for this initiative. Furthermore, ensuring that the new data governance arrangements are embedded in the FTP final technical and operating solutions
Leveraging all of the above to enable the development of next-generation management reporting and BI and analytics capabilities.
- Develop, plan, implement and review a data management strategy for the Finance Transformation Programme which delivers high quality fit-for-purpose financial data for the organisation to enable timely and effective strategic decision making at all levels.
- Provide senior-level counsel - both strategic and tactical - to the Finance Division Directorate, operational leads, sponsors and governance bodies on all aspects of data management and governance relating to the FTP. Gain trust and confidence to influence decision-making and execution of programme goals.
- Provide leadership on all aspects of data quality assurance, security, compliance, archiving, migration.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in UIS and other functions to develop a BI warehouse / lake or equivalent that meets the needs of the business both now and going forward.
- Provide vital connectivity across all of the workstreams to ensure a coherent and appropriate approach to data across all of the FTP projects, influencing and negotiating with operational leads as appropriate.
- Work with colleagues across the Finance Division and in partnership with other core business areas including RO, HR, Estates, Procurement to deliver improvements in data quality and consistency (one version of the truth) and data management.
- Collaborate with change management professionals to develop a high-quality, highimpact approach to managing the organisational, cultural and behavioural changes required to ensure that data improvements are embedded and persist.
Working in a similar organisation doing this previously would be ideal but they can be flexible. Please apply asap if interested.
Data Lead - GleeIT