Data Governance Analyst - Flexible working, mostly remote. Up to £35,000
You will actively contribute to the organisations data management, governance and control framework, to govern data in a compliant, effective and risk-based approach, developing a detailed knowledge of departmental risks and control methodologies, and ensuring these are monitored and in a timely and effective manner.
You will work closely with business areas to maintain and continuously improve our enterprise data assets through data catalogues, data stewardship and data quality management, while also supporting continuous improvement through process optimisation and engagement with corporate projects.
You will be an experienced data user with an eye for detail and working with large volumes of data. You will be able to track data lineage, highlight problems, and understand how data is authored and used in the context of business processes.
You will be able to meet with stakeholders to understand the wider business need for data and provide business definitions that ensure data can be consistently and appropriately used across the business.
- Experience in Data Analysis across a range of sources (e.g. relational and dimensional databases, file systems, semi-structured and unstructured data, models, spreadsheets)
- Understanding of data governance and data quality management
- Familiarity with business analysis and process modelling
- Awareness of data modelling and data warehouse methodologies
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder engagement, management and collaboration with an ability to question and challenge, put forward new ideas and gain buy in through key working relationships.
Ability to use the following systems/technologies:
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite
- Data catalogues/metadata management solutions (e.g. Collibra) preferred but not essential
You will be:
- To support improved Data Governance throughout the Business
- Support the MI Centre of Excellence, wider Finance function and the Persistent MI Team where necessary
- Manage Committee schedules, including the submission of papers and packs to Senior Management and Executives
- Take minutes/notes/actions at committees and senior meetings, including the Data and Insight Leadership team