Data Architect - Contract position
New Modern Data Platform Program
Gleeson Recruitment group are working with a leading Utilities organisation based in Stoke on Trent (Hybrid working) who are looking for a Data Architect to join them in their transformation.
As a Data Architect, you would come in to support the data transformation program, replacing the current data warehouse with a modern data platform with the view to enhance the organisations Data and analytics.
The Data Architecture role will involve with data modelling, data governance, data integration, and visualisation. You will lead on all aspects of data development and data governance within the program. You will work with 3rd parties and other teams to ensure the correct data architecture is designed and implemented for the program.
Current state & Reason for role:
- They are currently building a new data platform which will ingest large amounts of data to drive reporting and analytics and ultimately operational processes. However, if these reporting structures do not align to a set of principles and guidelines as directed by a data architect the data will not be in the right format to fit the business needs.
- The issue with complexity and auditability of data will be reproduced in the new platform without the correct wholistic data design.
- Currently data design is piece meal and done by the Data developers on the Data and Insights team.
- To allow for change they need a data architect to work on the Modern Data Platform program to ensure data is organised, designed, and governed effectively, this includes the design of the data in the new data platform, which is fundamental to the Modern Data Platform program success.
- Take responsibility for shaping and delivering Data Architecture within the modern Data Platform project in
- Defining the data architecture framework, models, standards, patterns, and principles
- Understand, model, and document the flows of data through the organisation to the Modern platform.
- Document the conceptual business, logical and physical Data models that will be used in the Modern Data Platform.
- Design a common data model for the organisations data platform.
- Developing a data catalogue to document data used in the new Data platform.
- Define the principles, policies, processes, specifications, and protocols for data architecture as well as assisting in the production of the same artefacts for data governance and assurance of data in the Modern Data Platform.
- Understand and address the risk and security aspects of data architecture and management.
- Supporting wider Data Governance efforts through the adoption of Data Management Processes including Data Quality and Metadata Management
- Providing support within the Architecture function through the definition of standards, policies and guidelines that relate to the Data Architecture including documenting and contributing to High Level Designs of the MDP.
- Experienced in logical and physical data modelling for both transactional and analytical systems.
- Expertise in the principles of data architecture and data management.
- Have up to date practical knowledge of evolving demands of a modern data platform architecture encompassing structured and unstructured data, batch and streaming flows, schema change management, and machine learning data consumption needs.
- Good understanding of data replication and integration solutions
- Practical experience of the implementation of data stewardship, including master data management, data quality, and data dictionaries.
- Experienced in Data Warehousing/Analytics end to end architecture.
- Deep experience and knowledge of all data structures and designs, e.g. data lakes, ODS, sql and no-sql, structured and unstructured data and serverless technology
- Any experience with Azure would be a bonus
Huge opportunity to come in and help shape the data function. Please apply asap if interested. GleeIT