MI & Data Analyst for a Financial Services organisation based in the midlands. Flexible working - most days remote
As our MI & Data Analyst - some key accountability will include:
- Support the MI Centre of Excellence, wider Finance function and the Persistent MI Team where necessary.
- Deliver high quality, cost effective MI solutions, ensuring that requirements can be met by available data and that any changes to processes and systems are fully explored and understood.
- Document, verify and manage MI requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle, challenging where appropriate and using, proof-of-concepts and prototypes to refine & prioritise final requirements with business owners.
- Undertake data analysis in order to evaluate availability and quality of data, identify transformations and produce draft data models.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of financial models using visual basic and AWS & data science tools.
Working as our MI & Data Analyst, you'll work collaboratively to build and maintain effective working relationships with other internal functions. You'll also provide expert knowledge to colleagues and stakeholders and ensure that the organisations change management framework, methodologies and change control processes are followed. You will be or have:
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Experience in Data Analysis across a range of sources (e.g. relational and dimensional databases, file systems, semi-structured and unstructured data, models, spreadsheets)
- Familiarity with business analysis and process modelling
- Experience in using Business Intelligence and Enterprise Reporting tools (ideally Cognos Report/Query Studio v10)
- Experience in using Data Discovery/Data Visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS VA, QlikSense, PowerBI)
- Awareness of data modelling and data warehouse methodologies
- Stakeholder engagement, management and collaboration with ability to question and challenge, put forward new ideas and gain buy in through key working relationships
- Any Python Knowledge is a bonus