This role will provide you with opportunity to work with cyclindrical grinding machines, to repair and manufacture components from a wide range of industries -
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Operation of cylindrical grinding machines for repair and manufacture of components.
- Working with various ferrous and non-ferrous metals to repair heavy industrial components from a wide range of industries
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and written/verbal instruction.
- Working to tight tolerances and surface finishes to finish grind repaired (thermal spray coated) or new components such as shafts, impellers, housings & rotors
- Usage of accurate measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers and bore gauges
- Ability to carry out engineering sketches to record dimensions/runouts in a report form
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A recognised apprenticeship or significant relevant experience
- Previous experience of operating manual internal, external, and universal cylindrical grinding machines
- Experience in grinding a range of components, such as pump shafts, impellers, and rotors
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to use applicable hand tools (grinders etc)
- Use of overhead cranes (training will be given)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings.
- Numerate, methodical, and practical skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Time management skills
- We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and company bonus scheme.
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Long service awards