Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£22000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
4 months ago
My client is seeking to recruit a Customs Broker to join their established team onsite.
Reporting to the Operations Manager onsite, the Customs Broker would be directly responsible for overseeing smooth and timely customs process flow including monitoring the timely movement and clearance of freight, while providing an exceptional customer service within the department.
The Customs Broker will oversee that compliance is upheld to the highest standards, providing analysis and recommending remedial actions as required. You will work within your team to proactively help customers and suppliers to analyse areas for improvement and take actions to ensure all company KPIs are met. The role has real development attached to it with progression within the company available for a candidate who can display the right tenacity and drive.
The successful Customs Broker will have experience of working in a freight environment with previous experience of dealing with HMRC administration. Your main areas of responsibility will include :
- Maintaining all records appropriately.
- Resolving all HMRC non-compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of HMRC regulations for international import and export
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies such as HMRC
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and handling agent procedures
The following benefits package is available to the successful Customs Broker:
- £20,000 - £26,000 basic salary
- Competitive Benefits
If the role sounds of interest the please contact Phil Birch on 07970 211517 for more information.