Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Due to continued growth, Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a specialist business bank based in Birmingham city centre, with their need to recruit a Credit Underwriter on a permanent basis. Salary ranging between £40,000 - £50,000 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist business bank with a difference; the business specialises in supporting SMEs and organisations that share its values in wanting to contribute to positive economic, social and environmental change. They operate throughout the UK, with offices in Birmingham and Manchester. The business focus on its customers, employees, and the communities it serves is what sets it apart and allows it to deliver on the bank's 'Double Bottom Line' strategy through volunteering, education and fundraising.
The successful Credit Underwriter will be part of The Risk Function. The Risk Function is made up of subject matter experts who advise, support and challenge business areas to manage risk effectively.
As Credit Underwriter, you will be responsible for the assessment, authorisation and monitoring of lending within delegated discretion and within agreed policies, procedures and discretionary limits. Specifically, you will:
- Assess, authorise and monitor lending within delegated discretion.
- Assess and monitor lending propositions outside own lending discretion and present recommendations to senior colleagues
- Ensure SLA standards are achieved and that an effective and efficient service is provided to Relationship Managers.
- Contribute to the regular review of Credit Policies, Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Review updating reports and authorise waiver requests submitted by the Lending Administration Team.
- Provide guidance on lending related issues to Relationship Managers and assist in their lending training
- Ensure departmental administration, files, records and diary systems are managed effectively and kept up to date.
The business are keen to hear from credit underwriters with experience in commercial lending within financial services. We are looking for individuals who can work collaboratively as part of a team and have:
- Banking qualification (D)
- Operational knowledge of bank processes and key regulatory/legal issues (E)
- Banking technology, payment systems and processes, telephony etc (E)
- Excellent organisational skills (E)
- Analytical/Credit analysis skills (E)
- Attention to detail and accuracy (E)
To apply for the Credit Underwriter position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.