Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Credit & Billing Supervisor? Do you enjoy the day to day management and making an impact?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a highly successful, global organisation, with finance headquarters near Wolverhampton, and assisting with their need to appoint a Credit and Billing Supervisor on a permanent basis. The successful Credit & Billing Supervisor can expect a salary circa £45,000 per annum.
The primary purpose of the role is to effectively manage the Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Invoicing and Cash Allocation team members within the Finance Shared Service Centre to ensure an efficient, effective invoicing, AR, credit & collections service is provided to the business and to customers, suppliers and colleagues.
The business are really flexible, with the opportunity to work from home 3-4 times per week!
Management and development of the credit control, invoicing and cash allocation teams:
- Lead and develop the team and ensure team member careers are developed in line with HR policy
- Manage the workload, priorities and initiatives of the team to ensure the SSC strategic objectives are met
- Ensure good management practices are followed including regular 121s, objective setting, team engagement and prompt resolution of performance or conduct issues
- Ensure team members embody business values and behaviours and embed a Continuous Improvement ethos throughout the team
- Create an engaged, happy team by being an effective leader
Management of workload, credit management and Order to Cash (O2C) process:
- Ensure credit controllers, invoicing team members and cash allocation teams are managed appropriately and bad debt is kept to a minimum using effective credit control and debt management practices; work to ensure agreed cash collection targets are met
- Ensure credit limits are managed effectively in conjunction with business third party credit insurance broker and the Master Data team
- Build relationships with sales teams, customers and other key stakeholders to ensure credit control objectives are met while maintaining excellent customer relationships and enhancing the customer experience
- Agree timing for the calculation of bad debt provision and provide information as appropriate
- Work with SSC Manager to create reporting and KPIs on debtors, debtor days and performance against targets
- Ensure cash is allocated in a timely fashion and discrepancies are addressed promptly
- Progress legal action as appropriate to minimise losses and bad debts, ensure the team are managing customer queries which prevent payment and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner in conjunction with the customer service team
- Ensure amendments to customer master data are managed appropriately and in accordance with agreed controls
- Work with colleagues to ensure effective operation of credit control part of the Order to Cash (O2C) process and to ensure strategic objectives are met as set by the SSC Manager
- Effective and experienced team manager in Credit control with large complex customers, preferably in retail
- Great customer service ethos
- Good at juggling and managing multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Understanding of billing and cash management processes
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Comfortable with meeting stakeholders and managing questions
- Good understanding of controls and risk
- Numerate and IT literate, able to produce meaningful & actionable Management Information
To apply for the Credit Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.