£36000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + + car + 25 days hols + bens
about 1 year ago
We are delighted to be working exclusively with our International, reputable client, who seek a Credit Manager, due to a recent internal promotion of the existing individual, into a more European role. This is a unique opportunity to join a reputable, friendly, team-spirited business, based near to Thame, who are well known and well-respected in their field.
This is a pivotal role within the organisation, and you will report directly into the European Credit Manager and work closely with the wider finance and non-finance teams.
Managing an experienced team (currently of 2 Credit Controllers), you will be responsible for overseeing the team, motivating and training of the team, as well as ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to, as well as overseeing Credit Risk and approving credit proposals.
This role is naturally geared to someone who is looking for their second, or third career move, very likely to be a graduate and keen to excel their career further. The successful Credit Manager will be responsible for:
- Making sure the Department operates in compliance with procedures and policies
- Recommend or approve credit proposals and payment terms
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders as and when required
- Recommend any write-offs or pursue legal/litigation action
- Manage the quarterly financial statements
- Ensure accurate and timely Credit reporting
- Attend customer sites, maybe twice per month (COVID restrictions allowing) - as well as visiting various internal stakeholders at the relevant sites
- Establish internal controls to mitigate any risks
- Drive a positive experience within the Credit Team and business partner internally with the various departments
Ideal profile as the Credit Manager:
- Positive, engaging and pro-active
- Would suit a graduate profile, or someone who is career focussed and actively studying ICM
- Confident, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Multiple years of experience of Credit or Finance
- Able to lead by example and self-motivate and motivate the wider team
Our client is based on the outskirts of Thame, Buckinghamshire and you will have to be a car driver as this role is based in a rural setting, and you will also need to drive to the various sites in the South. potentially twice a month.
This role will offer full study support (ICM) if required, and will also include a fully expensed company car, 25 days holiday, pension and health care.
At present, the client is operating full time in their very modern offices (COVID safe and COVID tested), so it is important that you are happy to be office based for this position. This is a great Credit Manager opportunity where no two days are the same and you will receive full training also. Please get in touch for a full job spec for this Credit Manager position.