Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000 - £24000 per annum
20 days ago
Temp to Perm
I am currently searching for an immediately available Credit Controller to start work ASAP in Birmingham City Centre. The role is paying £22-24k per annum and will be Temporary to Permanent.
My client is considering graduates and candidates with no experience who are looking to make their first move into finance as well as experienced credit controllers.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Assess and reduce any financial risk to the business.
- Work with key suppliers who provide financial data in order to minimise financial risk and keep bad debts low.
- To be inspirational, dynamic and have pro-active approach towards the business.
- Ensure that customer debts are kept below stated target levels
- Actively chase monthly cash targets
- Complete and present regular management reports
- Work with / meet all necessary parties to resolve Customer complaints and Debit Note issues and to develop positive ongoing internal and external Customer relations
- Adhere to strict monthly arrears process
- Pro-actively support 'month-end' Sales Ledger activities
- Make a positive contribution towards department workflow improvements
- With other Credit Controllers'; deputise for Credit Manager when required in order to maintain critical department processes
- Abide by all relevant Policies, Rules and Standards and actively promote Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Highly experienced in Credit Control, Credit risk and sales ledger
- Be willing and able to undertake regular independent UK travel
- Excellent understanding of the Legal framework for Collection of debts.
- A practical hands-on approach to problem solving & analytical skills.
- Good face-to-face and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- To achieve set objectives and targets.
- The ability to work within multifunctional teams, but also able to work effectively alone.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word packages.
- Report to: Credit Manager
- Work location: Birmingham
If you have the relevant experience and you are immediately available for work then please apply.