£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + 26 days hols + oension
10 months ago
12 - 14 months
Our client is seeking an experienced Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Specialist, to join an experienced Credit Team, on a 1 year maternity cover contract role. Our client has a strong track record in delivering it's services and solutions, and is a well-established International employer, based in Bracknell.
Due to an imminent maternity leave for their existing Credit Controller, our client is seeking someone with recent and demonstrable experience working in a similar role. This role will initially be hired for 12 months, with a high potential of extension.
You will ideally be able to offer recent Credit Control experience, be able to pick up systems with ease and also be able to work independently with a pro-active style. You must also be willing to go the extra mile and support the Credit Manager whenever needed.
The successful Credit Controller / Sales Ledger controller will contribute to the smooth functioning of the team by ensuring prompt collection of cash and maintaining the accuracy of Sales Ledger records.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, as the Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Specialist, your main duties will be:
- Chasing payment of overdue accounts via phone, email and letter
- Reducing debt in accordance with your pre-agreed targets.
- Dealing with queries both internally and externally to ensure smooth & timely resolution of all queries
- Completing daily banking of BACS & Cheques, to include identification, posting and allocation
- Processing credit card payments
- Assessing / updating credit history of existing and new customers, using online credit agency services
- Setting up of new accounts.
- Maintaining / updating customer details to ensure ledger accuracy.
- Reconciliation of accounts where payments have been posted in-accurately
- To take ownership of your ledger, ensuring that any issues are progressed / escalated appropriately
- Reviewing ledger regularly with manager to highlight any problems and agree targets and action going forward.
The successful Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Controller will possess the following skills and Knowledge, and will ideally be available at short notice to start this 1 year role:
- Computer literate (ideally on a variety of different systems)
- Excellent/confident verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in Sales Ledger / Credit Control environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good "team-player"
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Please do get in touch to discuss this Credit Control role in more detail - and my client can offer interviews at short notice. Our client is also situated within easy reach of all public transport routes. Ideally, you will be able to commence this position by end of March.
Please note, due to the latest Coronavirus pandemic, my Bracknell based client can video interview clients and allow the option from working from home for the initial start for this role.