£22000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
about 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to appoint an experienced Credit Controller/Accounts Assistant for client based in Evesham.
Responsibilities of the role
- Matching supplier invoices with POP's and sales orders with customer orders.
- Ensuring that quantities, prices and excise duty rates all agree to sales contract
- Raising sales orders
- Converting sales orders to sales invoices after delivery
- Converting purchase orders to purchase invoices.
- Chasing overdue debts by telephone and e-mail
- To remind customers of our terms, particularly excise duty terms.
- To maintain record of any extended terms which have been agreed for specific accounts
- Maintaining record of communication and promises of payment made
Key objectives of the role
- Maintain customer overdue debtors to below 10% of total debtor ledger
- To contact customer whenever amount outstanding is more than 7 days overdue and then weekly until settled.
- Raise sales invoice no more than 7 days from delivery or receipt of invoice from supplier
The following are the core skills we seek for this position.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and customers while maintaining a positive relationship
- An ability to work within a team and with other departments, demonstrate a flexible approach to work and manage time critical assignments that involve varying degrees of complexity
- Attention to detail and accuracy of documents is a crucial pre-requisite to being successful in this role
- A minimum two years experience in credit control
- Competent IT skills including Sage and MS Excel
- A sound knowledge of finance
We offer a positive working environment, competitive salary, pension and bonus scheme.