Our client is one of the most well-established, FMCG clients in the UK and aims to deliver a first-class service to all of its customers. Due to a recent promotion of an existing Credit Controller, my client is seeking an experienced Credit Controller seeking their next challenging role, to be based in their Reading Office, to cover both UK and Ireland collections.
My client can offer full training, to those with limited credit control experience, but this role is ideally suited to individuals who have held similar roles within a team environment previously, and if you are able to hit the ground running with limited training, then this would be preferred.
Based in their central collections team, in Reading, you will be responsible for your own portfolio of customer accounts, and will undertake the following duties, whilst working in an experienced team, reporting to the Credit Supervisor:
- To actively chase an assigned portfolio of around 200-300 live accounts, to ensure payment to terms and maximise collections in order to achieve monthly and quarterly targets.
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis
- Focus on maintaining and developing excellent relationships with customers and resolving any queries accordingly in an efficient and effective manner
- Raise credit notes and re-issue invoices as and when required
- Maintain detailed notes on all accounts, and update all relevant systems with the status of all outstanding invoices
- Resolve disputes effectively
- Be responsible for credit risk and credit assessment of new accounts
This is a challenging, fast-paced credit control position, and requires the individual to be extremely team-focused, and be able to maintain a quality of service to all of its customers, and work effectively with all internal colleagues, account managers, sales staff and admin staff at all times. The ability to work under pressure is essential.
Please get in touch for a full job specification and full details.