Up to £28000.00 per annum
25 days ago
Credit Controller- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Birmingham City Centre- Hybrid working
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a corporate client in the search for a Credit Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of credit control, ensuring timely collection of outstanding debts, maintaining positive relationships with customers, and minimising bad debt risk.
Credit Controller Duties
- Manage the company's accounts receivable ledger, including monitoring and maintaining customer accounts, and resolving any billing discrepancies or disputes.
- Work closely with the sales and customer service teams to ensure timely invoicing and follow-up on outstanding payments.
- Monitor and report on accounts that are overdue, and take appropriate action to collect outstanding debts, including sending reminder letters, making phone calls, and initiating legal proceedings where necessary.
- Assess creditworthiness of new and existing customers and make recommendations to management on credit limits and payment terms.
- Maintain accurate records of all credit control activities and provide regular reports on the status of the accounts receivable ledger.
- Ensure compliance with company credit policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislation and regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and liaise with other departments to resolve customer queries and disputes.