£30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + plus benefits
25 days ago
Our client is seeking an experienced Credit Controller to join an established Credit Team. With a strong track record in delivering services and solutions our client is a well-established International employer, based in Bracknell.
You will ideally be able to offer recent Credit Control experience, be able to pick up systems with ease and also be able to work independently with a pro-active style. You must also be willing to go the extra mile and support the Credit Manager whenever needed.
The successful Credit Controller will contribute to the smooth functioning of the team by ensuring prompt collection of cash and maintaining the accuracy of Sales Ledger records.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, as the Credit Controller your main duties will be:
- Chasing payment of overdue accounts via phone, email and letter
- Reducing debt in accordance with your pre-agreed targets.
- Dealing with queries both internally and externally to ensure smooth & timely resolution of all queries
- Completing daily banking of BACS & Cheques, to include identification, posting and allocation
- Processing credit card payments
- Assessing / updating credit history of existing and new customers, using online credit agency services
- Setting up of new accounts.
- Maintaining / updating customer details to ensure ledger accuracy.
- Reconciliation of accounts where payments have been posted in-accurately
- To take ownership of your ledger, ensuring that any issues are progressed / escalated appropriately
- Reviewing ledger regularly with manager to highlight any problems and agree targets and action going forward.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and Knowledge:
- Computer literate (ideally on a variety of different systems)
- Excellent/confident verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in Sales Ledger / Credit Control environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good "team-player"
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Please do get in touch to discuss this Credit Control role in more detail - and my client can offer interviews at short notice. Our client is also situated within easy reach of all public transport routes and offers hybrid working.