£30000 - £32000 per annum + 25 days holiday + bens
21 days ago
Credit Controller - Perm, or Temp to Perm
£28,000 - £32,000 + 25 days holiday
Hybrid working (3 days in the office, 2 days at home)
This is a really unique, hands-on role, working for the UK division of one of our Global clients who are implementing a new accounts system, so require additional finance staff for their current team of 7.
The person responsible for this role will be supporting the Credit Control team that sits within the current finance team of 8. You will need to know how to build relationships with customers, both internal & external. You will also need to be proactive, self-motivated, and happy to get involved with many varying tasks.
Responsibilities as the Credit Controller
- Maintain the accuracy of customer accounts and to process cash allocation from bank statement, through SAP
- Monitor unallocated cash, liaising with business unit and customers to resolve unpaid amounts
- Process new customer requests in SAP
- Verify customer data using credit referencing agencies, and Companies House
- Maintain the sales ledger, including annual credit reviews, name changes, changes to Companies House & credit risk information.
- Manage insolvencies and Court recoveries, including 7 day letters (notice of intent).
- Proactively manage ledger accounts to ensure accounts are paid strictly to terms including pre-due chasing, due reminders, overdue chasing, placing accounts on stop
- Take card payments for non-credit customers
- Manage queries - ensure query information for unpaid invoices has been passed to the relevant departments.
- Monitor stopped accounts and orders on hold throughout the day to ensure orders can be released where necessary.
- Issue monthly statements to customers / copy invoices.
The successful Credit Controller will ideally be:
- Available at short notice to start this role
- Offer a proven track record within CC or AR
- Significant hands-on business experience with accounting functions
- Strong commercial and strategic understanding
- Must be fluent in English (oral & written)
- Able to manipulate data and have reasonable Excel skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented entrepreneurial person with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Attention to detail and ability to process a high volume of invoices.
- Ability to work both within a defined structure as well as independently
- A commitment to deliver great customer experience
My client can offer an immediate start for those candidates who are available at short notice, or wait a month for the right person, so please do get in touch for more details of this superb Credit Control role. The salary will be £28,000 - £32,000 + 25 days holiday. Modern offices, plenty of free parking, hybrid working and a great opportunity to work with a friendly, talented finance team.