£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + + bonus + bens
about 1 month ago
Credit Controller - Newbury
Permanent role- c£25,000 - £27,000 + monthly bonus + bens
Full time office based
Car owner and full driving license needed due to rural location of our client's offices
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and team spirited Credit Controller to join our client - who are a growing but well established company based on the outskirts of Newbury, for this superb permanent Credit Control role. It is essential that you have worked in a close-knit finance team previously, and are able to offer some recent UK Credit Control experience.
We are seeking an energetic, professional and focused Credit Controller, with the key focus of this role looking after the UK ledger of around 600 - 800 live accounts.
The successful Credit Controller will be responsible for:
- Chasing of outstanding debt by telephone, email and letter
- Working closely with the Financial Controller, within a Credit Team of 4, to work as a team to hit cash collection targets each month
- Offering an empathetic and customer-centric approach to their work
- Credit checking and setting of credit limits for new customers
- Issuing of copy invoices and statements
- Investigating and resolving all customer queries and requests, escalating where needed
- Matching unallocated cash and credit notes.
- Working closely with the wider finance team and the account mangers to resolve customer disputes.
- Taking payments over the phone and via card machine where needed
- Allocating payments
- Handling any queries, via email and phone etc
Key skills & competency requirements
- UK resident, and ideally fairly local to the Newbury location
- Recent and previous UK Credit Control experience
- Outgoing personality combined with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computer systems and good excel knowledge
- Good numeracy skills
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on companies who owe money
- Hard working with a drive to meet targets
- Adaptability and good problem solving skills
- Great organisation skills
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload
This role would suit a candidate who is able to offer some recent Credit Control experience who is seeking an opportunity to work for a well established Company. Full training on their IT systems and ongoing support will come in abundance but you must previously have worked in a Credit Control role.
Due to their current systems, and administration needed in this role, the client requires the candidate to be based 100% in the office - ideally therefore, you will live within a commutable distance to the Newbury Office.
Please contact me for further details on this exceptional Credit Control role.