Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + + Cash Collection Bonus
7 months ago
Are you an experienced Credit Controller? Do you enjoy the satisfaction of reducing aged debt and controlling your own ledgers? If so, then please read on.
You will be joining a small, committed and hardworking finance team, reporting directly into the Credit Manager. The role is based in Birmingham City Centre and is easily accessible via public transport. You'll be expected to work 3 days office based and two days working from home however during the initial training period you'll need to be in the office full time.
This will be a challenging role taking ownership of the Credit Control, driving a project to reduce aged debt and gain control over your ledgers.
If you enjoy the challenge of getting aged debtor days down and developing relationships with your clients this could be the role for you. You will have exceptional customer service skills and be someone who is happy to hit the ground running, managing a portfolio of clients and be used to working in a deadline driven environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Making outbound telephone calls to ensure collection of all customer accounts
- Contacting clients before balances become overdue to confirm payments and/or queries
- Contacting overdue clients on a persistent basis until payment has been received
- Advising the Credit Manager of potential risks with clients defaulting on payments
- Dealing with client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Reconciliation of key accounts and full ownership of issues arising
- Sales ledger integrity with full transparency over collections activities
- Provision of accurate, insightful and timely information for stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Credit Control Experience
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Confident communicating via telephone with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to achieve and exceed KPI's
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
Credit Controller Benefits
- Hybrid / flexible working
- Salary up to £25,000 per annum plus cash collection bonus
- Birmingham City Centre Location with modern open plan offices
- Large kitchen facilities onsite
- Ongoing training and development options
- Social activities committee
To apply for the Credit Controller position in Birmingham please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.