£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Are you interested in working for an independent business?
We're looking for a Credit Controller to join a community orientated and successful business that thrives on family values and genuinely cares about their staff.
You will be joining a small, committed and hardworking finance team, reporting directly into the Finance Director. The role is based in Edgbaston with free car parking on site.
Salary up to £28k, Flexible Working, Hybrid Working
This is an exciting newly created role taking ownership of the Credit Control for the business and helping drive a project to reduce aged debt and gain control over the credit control function.
If you enjoy the challenge of getting aged debtor days down and developing relationships with your clients this could be the role for you. You will have exceptional customer service skills and be someone who is happy to hit the ground running, managing a portfolio of clients and be used to working in a deadline driven environment.
- Maximise income collection
- reduce aging profile of outstanding debtors.
- Raise monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc invoices and credit notes
- Produce reports to illustrate reconciliation of payments and highlight trends
- Maintaining the accuracy of data held
- Highlight any discrepancies payments
- Manage overdue debt collection process to maximise cash returns.
- Contact customers by telephone, email and mail in order to achieve timely payment.
- Contact in advance of the invoice due date and follow up to ensure timely collection of monies.
- Highlight problem debtors and escalate
- Keep records of all correspondence with customers
- Review weekly significant overdue debt
- Raise annual insurance recharges.
- Create invoices and credit notes
- Post and reconcile customer accounts and deliver summaries and ensuring no unallocated cash remains on account.
- Posting of receipts
Skills and Experience
- Credit Control Experience
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Confident communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to achieve and exceed KPI's
- Ambitious and self-motivated.