2 months ago
CREDIT CONTROLLER - WORCESTER - HYBRID
A leading software company has an exciting contract opening in their Credit Control team, which is a close-knit collaborative unit. This is a fast-paced role that is integral to the running of the financial side of the business and you must have prior insurance industry experience in a credit control role to be considered.
The main objective of this role is ensuring the collection of the aged debtors within designated payment terms, accurate reporting of debtor balances, and efficient query resolution through direct contact with customers and internal departments.
- Proactively investigate and chase the group's debt ledger, maximising cash receipts while reducing debtor days.
- Queries are logged and challenged appropriately with both internal and external parties.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to ensure swift resolution of queries.
- Highlighting areas of improvement and initiating ideas to improve the overall standard and effectiveness of the credit control function.
- Updating the Sales Ledger to make sure the customer notes are kept up to date consistently.
- Collaborate with other team members to assist with ledgers and cover absence as required.
- Actively reducing the risk of future bad debtors.
- Reconciling customer accounts and sending monthly statements.
- Credit Control experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Sales ledger function knowledge
- Experience of SAP accounting system desirable but not essential
- Experience dealing with customers and building relationships
- Use of internal systems to analyse/understand client accounts, invoicing, and system details.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office including proficient use of Microsoft Excel.
If you're ready for your next step and you have the required experience outlined above please apply for more details!