Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a successful infrastructure business looking to add a Credit Controller to their friendly and experienced team. The successful Credit Controller will be dynamic and pro-active, with an out-going personality as you will be expected to attend site visits and build rapport with customers. You will be based in the Birmingham office 5 days per week with flexibility on working hours, free parking, and a salary of up to £26,000 P/A + bonus and fantastic benefits!
The Credit Controller will be expected to assess and reduce any financial risk to the company, alongside working with key suppliers who provide financial data in order to minimise financial risk and keep debts minimal.
- Inspire the team with your energetic approach towards the business
- Actively chase monthly cash targets
- Work alongside and meet all necessary parties to resolve customer complaints, debit note issues and develop positive ongoing internal and external relationships
- Adhere to strict monthly arrears processes
- Work with other Credit Controllers to deputise for the Credit Manager when required to maintain the critical departmental processes
- Abide by all relevant Policies, Rules and Standards and actively promote the businesses Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Ensure customer debts remain below stated target levels
- Complete and present regular cash management reports
- Proactively support month-end Sales Ledger activities
- Make a positive contribution to the department and assist in process improvement
The successful Credit Controller will have:
- Experience in Credit Control, Credit Risk and ideally Sales Leger
- Willingness to undertake regular UK travel - you will be expected to make customer visits to develop existing and build new relationships to ensure debt is collected effectively
- Excellent understanding of the legal framework for debt collection
- A practical hands on approach to solving problems, with strong analytical skills
- Fantastic written, verbal and in person communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure, remaining positive and encouraging the rest of the team!
- Achieve set targets and objectives
- The skills to work with multifunctional trams whilst being able to work effectively alone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word programmes
This is an exciting and dynamic role for a Credit Controller looking for their next step within their career. You will be joining a vivacious and exciting team who will make you feel welcome and prepared for your next challenge. To apply for the Credit Controller position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.