Reporting to and working closely with the Group Financial Controller, this is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join an ambitious, fast-growing Private Equity-backed businesses.
You will be responsible for managing three direct reports within the Sales ledger and Credit Control Team where your key focus will be to reduce overdue debt, work towards and maintain clean sales ledgers for four trading companies and keep debtor days to a minimum. Cash collection is key.
- Act as a business partner and maintain good relationships with the operational division by providing leadership and direction on credit related issues.
- Give support to the Financial Controller, operational heads & Directors
- Managing a small team in a fast-pace environment with insight to motivate and empower.
- Set clear credit management and account expectations & monitor adherence to drive and support the Team.
- Responsible for understanding and resolving debt related queries at source; supporting your team in the area of complex query resolution with an aim to conclude and put forward recommendations within a timely manner.
- Proactively manage credit balances on the ledgers ensuring repayments where possible
- Support the team to maintain client packages to ensure invoicing is accurate & billing information is consistent.
- Ensure invoice runs are completed on a timely basis.
- Undertake regular 1:1 supervision of team members
- Manage projects and identify areas for improvement/streamlining.
Experience and Skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in managing a credit control / billing team is essential.
- Clear understanding of the revenue recognition process, including the relationship between sales ledger, credit control, billing and revenue accruals.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- A collaborative approach and a drive to help a business grow.
- Demonstrable experience of our core management values: Inspiring, Authentic, Resilient, Fair and Consistent
- Experience in acquisitions & business growth would be looked upon favourably.
This role is £28-£32k with excellent benefits and career progression for the right candidate.