£24000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + pension etc
14 days ago
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Credit Controller to join my clients finance team in Wombourne. As a Credit Controller, you will play a critical role in managing and maintaining our credit control processes, ensuring timely payment from our customers while maintaining positive relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail to contribute to the financial success of our organisation.
- Proactively manage and monitor the credit control function, including credit limits, credit terms, and credit holds.
- Review and assess creditworthiness of new and existing customers, using various credit assessment tools and techniques.
- Ensure prompt and accurate invoicing, resolving any billing discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Implement effective collection strategies to minimise overdue accounts and reduce days sales outstanding.
- Contact customers via phone, email, and other communication channels to discuss outstanding payments and resolve any payment issues or disputes.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of customer interactions, payment agreements, and collection activities.
- Work closely with sales and customer service teams to address customer queries and concerns, providing excellent customer service.
- Monitor and report on aged debtors, highlighting potential risks and opportunities to management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify process improvements and streamline credit control procedures.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and legal requirements related to credit control and debt recovery.
- Previous experience in a similar role or a related finance role is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving abilities to effectively resolve payment issues and disputes.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills to assess creditworthiness and identify potential risks.
- Proficiency in using financial software and tools, with knowledge of credit assessment tools being an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant legal regulations and procedures related to credit control and debt recovery.
- A proactive and results-driven mindset, with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.