£27000 - £290000 per annum + 22 days holidays (rising) + pension
4 months ago
Flexible on hours or days
2 days in the office - 3 days at home - ideally suited to a car owner, due to the rural location of the office, on the outskirts of Thame.
£25,000 - £28,000 (Full time Equivalent - flexible work options also available)
Our client is a well established, international provider of services to their Global clients, based at their Head Office on the outskirts of Thame. They require a friendly, multi-tasking Credit Controller to join their finance team. You may well be able to offer a few years of experience, a returner to work after a period of leave and ready to return to a varied Collections position. All options will be considered! You must be professional and able to offer some suitable experience, and likely to have worked in a small team environment where you have performed a varied hands-on role.
To undertake the credit control function for the group using Collect and to assist the Finance Director/Finance Manager in collecting all the money that is due from Customers.
- To ensure that all amounts owed to the companies by customers are collected in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for performing daily banking duties including allocating receipts against invoices.
- To assist and liaise with FGI to satisfy FGI's (invoice finance company) verification processes on our ledger balances in GBP, USD & EUR.
- Updating the Cash Monitoring spreadsheet daily.
- Assisting the Finance Director in dealing with the credit checking of new customers and applying for credit cover via FGI's TRUST website.
- Maintain the credit limits on the customer database.
- Review customers credit exposure versus their orders and credit limits.
- Provide general assistance within the Finance Department and emergency cover if needed.
- Email the monthly customer statements using Collect within 2 working days of the month end.
- Upload regional debtor reports onto the intranet.
- Keep the customer contact information in Sun Systems up to date.
- Attend meetings with regional sales teams for updates on the local business.
- Take up trade and bank references as required for new customers promptly.
- Complete trade reference/audit balance requests received by Imago on behalf of existing customers on the same day as the receipt is identified.
- Updating consultancy payment reports for related receipts and notifying the Finance Manager/Consultancy Team as appropriate.
- Assist with any legal claims made against customers.
- Liaise with sales and production teams for any queries.
- Encourage the use of technology/reports to improve processes and add value.
- Assist with the customer update section of the monthly Board report.
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping (AAT is preferable)
- A knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Familiarity with multi-currency ledgers
- Ability to take ownership of the ledger and highlight issues to management so they are aware
- Excel intermediate level - to enable and understand reports generated
- Comfortable with online banking systems as well as vendor payment systems
- IT literate